Wednesday 13 March 2013

Where is the Operator of this Elevator!


I stood by the elevator today and I punched the button for it to come to my floor. As I waited for it, I looked outside through the window to observe the scenery of my office environment. I got so caught up in my thoughts and suddenly jolted back to reality and I started to wonder if the elevator had actually stopped on my floor and had taken off whilst I was engrossed in my thoughts. I got confused momentarily because I knew it would usually beep when it opens….Come to think of it, this elevator comes faster usually, I’m not sure I've had to wait this long for it to open, it appears to come faster on other days even when the traffic was much as a result of events within the building. So I looked at the button again and I realised it had not come ...then I got the inspiration to write this piece.


Sometimes we wait so long in life for our desires to come. Gosh….  Wait Wait Wait…….. The waiting game is part of life’s cycle and it involves everyone. We all wait for one thing or the other. We never seem to get what we want when we need them and when we do, there is always a need to get something else so soon no matter how laudable our past victories are. We are insatiable! #shrug#........ Waiting periods can be difficult. The rich wait, the poor wait. A baby has to wait for a couple of months in the womb to come into this world, We wait for the baby to sit, crawl, stand, walk, talk, go to school, then University, get a job,  get married, have children, and the entire cycle starts all over again. We write exams and wait for the results to come. Sometimes, we wish we don’t have to wait for anything. We should get things as soon as we need them!


Back to my Elevator gist, the Elevator eventually beeps, I go in and pronto,I arrive at the floor I was heading to. It didn't matter how long I've had to wait, as soon as it came ,I stepped in and it took off , taking me to a place I wouldn't have gotten to on time  if I were to go on the stairway, by my efforts. The elevator has saved me time and precious efforts too. So how does this apply to Life? Isn't it amazing that we have an Elevator in God. Everyday 24/7, all over the globe, everyone is punching on that Elevator, diverse needs, and different requests. : The white man, the black. We are there praying unto Him with one desire or the other and we want them to happen now, now now!


Yes the Most High God is Omnipotent, He has all the power in Heaven and on earth, He is Omniscient, He knows all things, and He is Omnipresent; He’s everywhere. Unlike our earthly elevators that do not have the capacity to go both ways and carry everyone at the same time, needing servicing sometimes, This God is available in real time, everytime, everywhere.


So whilst I am in Nigeria punching this Heavenly button, my sister in Australia is punching the button and my Brother in Brazil is pressing the same button, my Cousin in China, my Aunt in Mexico, my Friend in California, my Classmate in Scotland, my Buddy in South Africa and my Pal in Zealand are all punching the same button, He is able to answer us all at the same time and give our hearts desires. He never gets weary or inundated. He never sleeps or slumbers.  He is never confused and never needs anyone to teach Him. Job 36:22 says Behold, God is exalted by His power; who teaches like Him? His power is available everywhere and He is able to meet every need of man. Common! if He could part the Red sea, feed multitudes with 5 loaves of Bread and 2 fish, produce a coin from the mouth of a fish, successfully keep Jonah in the belly of the whale for 3 days, make a completely past-menopause old momma like Sarah bear a child, make a raven; the stingiest bird on earth feed Elijah……….I could go on and on, What is it He can’t do?


But you know He is a God of order and He knows absolutely all things, He knew you before you existed. He may be holding back what you desire from you today probably because you are not ripe for it or He may have something better in stock for you. You may have pressed the button of that Elevator and it looks like it’s not coming and you are thinking of climbing a 50-story building using the stairway, Friend you will wear yourself out. It pays to WAIT. God makes our journey in Life faster. When He comes late, He comes big. David in the Message version of Psalm 18: 32-34 says “Is not this the God who armed me, then aimed me in the right direction? Now I run like a deer; I'm king of the mountain. He shows me how to fight; I can bend a bronze bow! The New Living Translation version in verse 34 says He trains my hands for battle; He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. David said, WAIT, again I say WAIT.(Psalm 27:14). God is always worth waiting for, don’t cut corners. Shortcuts most times cut your life short.


Isaiah 40: 28 says:


28 Have you not known? Have you not heard?

The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth,

Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.

29 He gives power to the weak and to those who have no might He increases strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary and the young men shall utterly fall,

31 But those who WAIT on the Lord Shall renew their strength;

They shall mount up with wings like eagles; They shall run and not be weary,They shall walk and not faint.


Job in Job chapter 14 verses 14 says 
If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will WAIT, till my change comes Whilst you are waiting, get yourself positively distracted. Read books, listen to messages, and acquire a skill. You can be sure it will pay  off ultimately.


So the Elevator opens again and takes me back to where I was coming from, but this time around, it stopped at my floor faster. I stepped in and I got to my destination in no time. The rest is history.  I guess it waited so long earlier on so I could encourage someone reading this piece. You know what? You are on God’s mind, and your walls are continually before Him. He can’t forget you at the Lift Lobby, just like a mother cannot forget her sucking child. He is the Divine Elevator that will always come through! After all, an earthly elevator  is automated, operates automatically and it performs well almost all the time, How much more the God of Heaven and Earth who created everything?


So where is the Operator of this Elevator?


Selah


The Pen……

7 comments:

  1. I wait patiently. Thanks for this Sola, am encouraged. On a lighter mood, didn't know u have family and friends all over the world #laughing# . Now I know where Fimi got his looks from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Father is the Governor amongst the Nations(Psalm 22:28), so I have Divine Access to the countries of the world hence my relatives are scattered all over #widegrin#

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite inspiring...it refreshes my favourite quote that says "God tells you Yes and gives you what you want, He tells you No and gives you better or He tells you WAIT and gives you the BEST". He is always worth waiting for... I pray that His grace will always be more than sufficient for us while we wait on Him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I very much agree.
      Grace to wait we pray for!

      Delete
  4. Amazing and thoughtful writeup. The waiting period is actually the time to get busy to improve onself!
    The way God works however is beyond human comprehension: sovereignty is the word. He makes x wait for 1minute and y 1year for the same request!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bancol, I agree with you absolutely. We all have our race to run. X or Y, one minute or one year, Hes got good plans for us all. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. Waiting on God is ever the best, i waited patiently even when everybody were complaining i ran to God and He didn't fail me. Thanks ma for the encouragement cause i am waiting for many more good news which will come soon in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete