Monday 30 September 2013

Something So Special about that Name!

Last weekend, I went to the Post Office to pick our mails. Let me quickly point out that in this part of the world, a lot of people find it more convenient and safer to use courier services in receiving or sending out their parcels, howbeit-it many companies still make use of the general post office’s services to send out notice of meetings, dividend warrants and what not. My mum owns and usually operates the box but once in a while, I get the mails for her and also because I used the address for some of my academics-related correspondence. I hadn't been there in a long while and so I stopped by since I was driving around the area.

I had some difficulties opening our box and because it was a weekend,operations were skeletal. Moving over to the back of the building where I had seen someone walk into,I told the attendant I wanted to make inquires about what the problem could be and he went in to check the records. As soon he pronounced the name on the box, his colleague suddenly exclaimed “I know this name” and pronto, they attended to me, so courteously; in a way and manner that made me so satisfied with their services for the first time. I felt so honoured! Apparently, I went with the wrong key but since I was able to identify myself, they got the issues sorted out without any hassle. As I drove away, it dawned on me that the mention of a name, had given me favour and access. 

Oh yes, I understand better what the Bible says about the name of Jesus!

That name is the only authentic key that can open any kind of door in heaven, on earth and under the earth. At the mention of that name: demons scamper, the sick are healed, the oppressed are delivered, and the downcast are lifted. What a mighty name!


John 16: 23 says And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.



Jesus wants us to brandish that name with so much authority and make the best use of it. It’s a pre-signed blank cheque, a visa to any country, a key that can open any kind of door! It’s the name highly exalted above ALL OTHER NAMES. Presidents of countries rule for a season and whilst they are incumbent, to a large extent, their names can open some doors but when they are out of the office, they become part of memory. Jesus’s name has been potent from ages past and to eternity, it would forever be relevant.

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ isLord, to the glory of God the Father.(Philippians 2:9)

So I opened a letter addressed to me and in it, I found the details of something I had been expecting for a couple of months. Alas, it had been waiting for me in the box, but I had been worrying and trying to find out why I wasn't getting a response in that regards. Sometimes, we worry so much about what God has made done for us already, forgetting that once we pray according to His will He hears us already.

We’ll talk about that some other time.

You and Jesus are an unbeatable team!  I see greatness in you.

The Pen


2 comments: