Monday 25 July 2016

What Has Age Got To Do With Destiny?



When I was much younger, I had a lot of friends that were older than me and I wanted to grow up so quickly so I could command more respect, avoid being bullied around and all of that. If it had been possible, I didn't mind adding year or two to my age; I just wanted to grow up faster!

Ask me today if I still feel the same way.... Oh no, I want to grow "younger" if possible; I really would love to write notes to my 20s and early /mid 30s ; maybe get a 5 year age discount but hey, I'm grateful for my age, for where I am , for who I am because God has destined me to be here NOW! What if I lived in the 1200s or 1700s? Would I have taken God to court?

You see, irrespective of your biological age, AGE is just a number. God doesn't go by our earthly numbers. He chose to use an 80 year old man to lead His children through a 40 year journey. He chose a 100 year old man and a 90 year old woman to birth the promised child who would become the patriarch of faith and yet, He chose an 8 year old boy-Josiah to rule as King over Israel, anointed a Seventeen year old David to rule also...

A few days ago, I read that Donald Trump is 70 years old and Hillary Clinton will be 69 in October. So even in the world, talking about what people can achieve, age is not an issue or a limiting factor. To command and demand respect is a good thing, but I smile when I hear people "demanding " respect and saying "don't you know how old I am?" .

What am I driving at? You are not too young or old to become what you dream/dreamt of becoming or what you desire to be. You can be every and any thing you purpose in your mind to be. You mean going to school at 60? Starting a business or a family at 50, relocating at 40? ......Yes!

Your biological age/ clock may tick, but someone said if that is your continuous focus and constant source of worry, remove the batteries from that clock and throw them away! 
Age is a case of mind over matter; if you don't mind, it doesn't matter- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment