Thursday 28 February 2013

Dance with Me...



I walked into church yesterday for the mid-week service and I heard in my spirit "Dance with Me" And I pondered on it; does God dance?

Yes, I will REJOICE over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.’ (Jeremiah 32:41 NKJV))

Isaiah 62:5 says, "For as a young man marries a virgin, so shall your sons marry you; and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God REJOICE over you."

The synonyms of the word rejoice include:  be glad, be overjoyed, celebrate, jump for joy, make merry, etc.  When God says He will rejoice over us then it means He can do everything the word -rejoice stands for. He will make merry, feel happy, glory, and jubilate over me, not for the fun of it, but to do me good. So when He says dance with me, He means; see what I see and rejoice with me about what I am set to do for you. I'm excited about it. Can't you see it? . Jeremiah 29: 11 says "For I know the thoughts I have towards you, thoughts of good and not of evil......"

For God to rejoice over you, you must be rejoicing over yourself. He inhabits the praises of His people. Dance with me means “I am in a state of delight and I want you to be in that state too”. Let us rejoice together so that good may come unto you. “I will assuredly plant them in this land” He says. It is difficult for God to rejoice over a depressed person. He thrives in the atmosphere of joy. No wonder Heaven is depicted as a place of Worship and Praise of God. He enjoys it. . Praise is His habitation. The twenty four elders and an innumerable company of angels worship Him non-stop! His power can't thrive in a place where there is heaviness and sadness. That is why the scriptures in many instances tell us to rejoice.

David was a God-lover, a praise giver, an addicted worshiper; always wanting to be in His presence. He said “I was glad when they said let us go into the house of the Lord” (Psalm 122:1). No wonder He enjoyed immense grace from God and was called “The Man after My heart”. He always gave God an atmosphere to thrive in His life through praise! Always singing, dancing, playing the instruments, writing psalms and enjoying God in His heart. He brought me forth also into a large place; He was delivering me because He was pleased with me and delighted in me.” (Psalm 18:19)

God is saying to you today “because I am by default rejoicing over you, when you rejoice, I am able to easily do that which I have purposed”. A fish can’t thrive outside of water, no matter how small or big it is, neither can the most skillful swimmer make the depth of the sea his permanent abode. The environment we dwell matters a lot. A joyful heart does good like medicine. Joy, which emanates from genuine praise is palpable and such is depression. Stay around a sad person for a while, if you are not careful, you may begin to feel sad too. We are created as objects of Worship. When we live in that consciousness, we will flourish! Make Praise and Worship the air you breathe.

Would you rejoice alongside God? Would you dance with Him?

The Pen.......

1 comment:

  1. The Lord inhabits the praises of Isreal( His children). Good one Sola. Keep it up. Inspiring

    ReplyDelete