Monday 25 February 2013

I am Gold!



I looked at my wedding and engagement rings recently and I got the inspiration to write this piece. 

I can't remember the last time I removed them . I just realized it doesn't even occur to me to take them off when I want to wash , cook or bathe. That must be a lot of water running on the rings on a daily basis! Sometimes cleaning materials, chemicals and all sorts that I dip my hands into as well . The interesting and non interesting ones like poo!(wide grin) But the interesting thing is that I am never afraid its going to get damaged. I'm rest assured its of the highest quality hence it can withstand anything!

Whether yours is white or yellow gold, platinum sapphire or diamond, they are all made of tried and tested materials . Gold is a dense, soft, shiny, malleable and ductile metal. It is a chemical with the symbol Au (aurum in Latin, meaning glow of sunrise) and atomic number  79. Gold is the most malleable of all metals(wikipedia).




Have you ever seen where a goldsmith is at work?......It's so much pain to bear for the poor material, yet when its done , we are proud to flaunt it!


We women wash, clean, bathe, bake , cook with our  wedding rings on and we can do all sorts with them...Why? We know that because they are made of the highest quality and have gone through a process, they CANNOT fade! They cannot be tampered with because they have  gone through fire and has come out thoroughly refined and polished. 

Life offers us variety of meals. Every chapter is a new story entirely. When a chapter in the book of life ends on a good note, it does not necessarily mean the next chapter will start on the same frequency. We are confronted daily by all sorts of  issues and circumstances. There are days we laugh a lot and there other days we are sober. Sometimes we are rich, some other times we are just hopeful that our needs would be met somehow. There are sometimes we achieve our desires so easily and there are days we labour so much without making a headway.  What you are made of determines what you can withstand. Proverbs 24:10 in the Message version of the bible says "10 If you fall to pieces in a crisis, there wasn't much to you in the first place."

Now here is  what God our  Maker, the Potter  Himself has to say:

Isaıah 48:10: Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver;I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. 11For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it; For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another.

In the same way the best is brought out in gold when it goes through fire, when you allow God polish you in and out, you can withstand anything! And nothing can be withheld from you . You can look at challenges straight in the eye and confront them like David did . You can encourage the weary to cheer up. You've been there yourself and you have triumphed! You can bend a bow with your mere hands and you can leap over a wall  easily.  

Be malleable, breakable, bendable now so that when it matters, you wont break or bend. 

Having done all, you will still be standing!


Much Love!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm true! also God puts us through what we can bear. He knows our composition. That is why as individuals our challenges differs, just like there are different carats of gold. I want to believe that the carats of gold is determined by the purification process it has been put through ( my thought) *smile *.
    Sola good one. Inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete