Monday 11 March 2013

Dreams do Scream ....



I came across some pictures on Sahara reporter’s page yester night and it just got me super-excited and motivated.  Naturally, I love to motivate people to identify their gifts and talents, aim high, and never relent in making a difference. I am an eternal optimist, a goal-getter and I like to explore and learn.  I never like to give up easily on something I believe in and it has worked for me. Ultimately, I want to make an investment in people’s lives, I want to see them become the best, irrespective of the odds working against them! I usually encourage people that their life is not about what they see of themselves at the moment. It’s about preparing themselves for a good future by identifying their gifts and talents, making good use of it, and with God on their side, NOTHING is Impossible.


At the 2013 Woman of Courage Award
Dr Joe Odumakin and Michelle Obama

Back to the Picture above, we see Dr. Josephine Obiajulu Odumakin; a female Nigerian Activist and Recipient, 2013 US Women of courage Award. Dr. Josephine Obiajulu Odumakin was one of the 10 women recipients of the 2013 Woman of Courage Award in the United States. The Award was presented to her by U.S Secretary of State, John Kerry and First Lady Michelle Obama. Over the past twenty years, Dr. Josephine Odumakin has handled over 2,000 cases of violations of women’s rights, including cases of extra judicial practices committed by government security agencies against women. 

I remember her vividly for her efforts during the Fuel Subsidy Saga in January 2012 in Lagos, Nigeria. The Federal government had just removed the fuel subsidy and the price of fuel had been inflated. The masses were angry and there was a strike action.  I attended one of those rallies. She was one of the people at the forefront of the rally. She was doing her own thing passionately in Lagos, making her voice known,  yet the world at large and the White House were watching her . It is apparent that her voice has been recognised and her efforts celebrated.   Oh how I love the expression on  Michelle’s face in one of the pictures as she holds her hand.  I see a deep sense of respect, appreciation.  If anyone had told Dr Odumakin that she would get to the White house in her life time, she might have rebuffed it; it might have been an impossible dream, yet today it is a reality. Dr Odumakin, I celebrate you! Your passion is showing you off to the world.

This has further confirmed to me  that truly  a man’s gifts will make room for him and make him stand before great men as the bible says in Proverbs 18:16. There is a quote that I have fallen in love with over the years and it goes thus : “Nothing guarantees a good future like a correct picture and you cannot feature in a future you cannot picture. Keep your dreams alive and remember you are the best. It’s not about your access to finances or how popular you are. There are a lot of rich but not honourable people.  There are fellows who are at the helm of power but nothing would be remembered about them when they leave office. Why? All they do is for themselves and by themselves. The best achievement one can make in life is the investment you make in others’ lives.  

Friend, do you have a dream?  Your dream will make you stand before great men.It is important to dream, but let it not be limited to “Me”. Let your dream be such that will be a blessing to humanity. Also, if you do have a dream, make it BIG because dreams do come to pass. Be passionate, be committed, against all odds, pursue your course, run your race. You know I won’t conclude this piece without quoting from my most favourite book; the Ever Living Word of God. Joseph dreamt and it looked foolish. His brothers became offended, mocked him and even sold him into slavery. But God; The same God who is still alive today, made his dreams come to pass and He became the Prime Minister of Egypt. The same ones who mocked him bowed before him just as he had dreamt (Genesis 45). His dream screamed for everyone to hear. Those who weren't there when He dreamt saw the reality of the dream he had thirteen years earlier.His dream screamed at last! It is dangerous to live a “dreamless life”.

The legendary; Martin Luther King declared “I have a dream.........” and we know how that dream has been achieved and many years after his demise, he is still being celebrated. Yeah, dreams do scream; they make you known!


 I am certain that my dream, gifts and talents will get me to the White House one day, soon. #Wide grin#. On a lighter note, Some one said "Your vision will buy you a television and put you on television". 

It’s a beautiful day People, Cheers to a glorious future ahead.

The Pen……

2 comments:

  1. Yes oo! May my talent put me on tables with kings. This is just a lesson to us all, never to get tired or weary doing good, cos in due season we will surely reap. Very touching.

    ReplyDelete